The Nine Bands of Plastic Packaging
With the new year, the new classification of plastic packaging with nine bands and different contribution values will come into force, as anticipated by CONAI last June.
The new bands will better specify the "old" bands A1 (divided into two separate classes), B1 (also divided into two bands) and B2 (divided into three bands). As far as the products supplied by Plastisac are concerned, the only band involved is band B2.
Below we report all nine bands, with the relative contributions, to allow for correct information:
- BAND A1.1 (rigid and flexible packaging with an effective and consolidated industrial selection and recycling chain, mainly managed in C&I circuits) with an environmental contribution of 20€/ton;
- BAND A1.2 (IBC drums and cisterns) with a contribution of 60€/ton;
- BAND A2 (flexible packaging with an effective and consolidated industrial sorting and recycling chain, mainly from C&I but significantly present in urban separate collection; such as liners and bags for industrial use, palletising hoods, shrink film for bundling) with an unchanged environmental contribution of 150€/ton;
- BAND B1.1 (packaging with an effective and well-established industrial sorting and recycling chain, mainly from the domestic circuit; PET articles) with a contribution of 20€/tonne;
- BAND B1.2 (packaging with an effective and well-established industrial sorting and recycling chain, mainly from Household Sector; articles in HDPE) with a contribution of 20€/tonne;
- BAND B2.1 (other selectable/recyclable packaging form the Household and/or C&I circuit; rigid PP monopolymer packaging) with a contribution of 350 €/tonne;
- BAND B2.2 (other sorted/recyclable packaging from the Household and/or C&I circuit; flexible packaging in PE monopolymer material other than those in BAND A1.1 and A2) with an environmental fee of 410 €/tonne;
- BAND B2.3 (packaging with experimental recycling chains in consolidation) with a contribution of 555 €/tonne;
- BAND C (packaging for which there are no ongoing recycling activities or which cannot be sorted/recycled according to the current state of technology) with a fee of 560 €/tonne.